I needed to look at it passed it ass-face stage as soon as possible, so I rushed finishing the base-coat of the main colors of its carapace so I could start giving it the first wash… Not entirely practical, but psychologically needed.
I applied one coat and a half of Agrax Earthshade, and after it dried I started adding some new shades to the copper and bronze metals.
The chained linked arrived… Very much as I expected, not as small as I was hoping. But small enough. I prepared the one where the loincloth thingy will hang… I dry-tested different bindings over the figure, too… I have also five incense burners from the Noxious Blightbringer that I had sacrificed for parts… I removed the gross overly detailed plastic chain (where it didn’t need be) of one, and glued some of my chain to it.
I think it kind of works! Four more to go… I’m undecided if letting gravity do its thing, or posing them in some dynamic arches… I guess I’ll decide when the drapes are finished, depending on how much “atmospherics” affect the final composition…