I then highlighted with Vallejo Pale Blue Grey, and gave all the panels and metal an oil-wash of sepia. I left it overnight for the turpentine to fully evaporate.
I used first cotton ear-cleaners, dipped in turpentine to clean the excess… Don’t do that. I had to spend an hour cleaning small fivers out of the legs. I then rolled a small square of absorbent kitchen microfiber cloth (aka Vileda) and fixed it with a wire to a chopstick…
When it all had dried again, I coated it with matt varnish spray… I should have then started working in the organics, but instead I went and begun with the weathering of the panels… because… Well, I like to see the most progress possible, for the least effort, I guess… And if I screw the panel-work with the next steps, I’m too far past the “fix with base-color” stage… sooo… More reason to keep it tidy.
GW’s Nihilakh Oxide and an “Iron-like” paste from DecoArt… I used it as a wash, and somewhat diluted on the steel-like metal-parts.
I lost the one chain with the incense burner I had in place… but didn’t glue. I just realized now, while uploading this pictures… I tried to find it between those floor boards to no avail. First World’ problems… it made me sad. Only four left.